The entrance is the most visible area of the house. Ironically, it is also the one we tend to neglect the most. The most logical reason is likely to be because it is a transit area where we hardly stop.
Yet, if properly organised, the entrance hall can become useful in your daily organisation. And why not, for being received in the best possible way when you get home. An area where you can leave behind the stress and fatigue of the day or to prepare yourself to face the day.
Not to mention that it is the first place we come across when we get home and the one our guests see when they first walk in. It tells us a lot about our habits, our lifestyle and our personality. In a few words, it would be a shame not to give it the attention it deserves. All it takes is a few simple things to achieve this goal. Discover 10 tips for organising and tidying up your entrance.
1. A small wardrobe near the entrance is undoubtedly the ideal solution. Coats, jackets and accessories can be stored in it. They will be out of sight, in order to avoid any kind of visual mess. This way, you will be able to dedicate yourself to decoration.
If this is not the case, you can use coat hangers, wall hooks for jackets and coats. You will still give the appearance of a tidy home from the time you walk in.
2. If you have space at your disposal, add a bench, a stylish chair or a small armchair. This will allow you to take off and put on your shoes comfortably, or even sit down to read your letters.
3. What is more practical than some shoe rack or shoe storage solution for keeping your shoes organised? Besides having them in one spot, it will be a helpful option when it rains, and you don’t want to get the whole house dirty for storing them.
4. If you are messy by nature, a box or some natural basket sets will be perfect for keeping things organised in style and quickly.
5. Another important feature: place a console table, a side table, a drawer or some shelves and racks. They will be convenient for storing your keys, mobile phone or even your letters. And to avoid throwing them somewhere and wasting time finding them later.
6. Choose some practical accessory when you return home: small boxes, baskets, or stylish storage racks for organising items such as scarves, hats or gloves.
7. Setting a mirror near the entrance is a helpful tip to create a sense of a larger space. It is also a not insignificant detail to check your look one last time before leaving.
8. If the entrance is big enough, equip it as an office corner under the stairs or against a wall. If you manage to keep it tidy, this will prove that you are an organised person. Stackable boxes or baskets will help you in this respect.
9. Make it even cosier by adding a proper decorative feature. This can be plants, flowers, family photos or even posters and paintings. They are elements able to provide this room with character.
10. A final tip: add a carpet to make the space comfortable. Add personality by inspiring it with the other rooms’ style.